Summer strings in sunny Seillans – play with the professionals!
Thursday 26 July – Saturday 4 August 2018
Residential summer school for advanced string players situated in the exquisite hilltop village of Seillans in the South of France (1hr from Nice)
Levon Chilingirian & Susie Mészáros, members of the celebrated Chilingirian String Quartet and professors at the Royal Academy of Music, the Royal College of Music, the Guildhall and the Royal Northern College of Music, will again be joined this year by Jane Hyland, former principal cellist of the BBC Symphony and BBC Welsh Orchestras, to give masterclasses, chamber music coaching and orchestral training (and piano accompanist Philip Saudek).The course will culminate in two concerts: one showcasing the students’ chamber, solo and ensemble work and the other playing next to a professional player in a Festival Orchestra concert, conducted by James Lowe.
With a maximum 12 students in the group, the MC Academy is much more intimate that many summer courses, with each participant receiving a huge amount of attention from their individual instrument tutor as well as chamber and orchestral training together.
Hosted in a Provençal family residence, students enjoy eight days of intensive tuition with free time for swimming & relaxing.. The Academy students are encouraged to attend evening Festival concerts in the region’s spectacular chapels and churches followed by al fresco dinners with the Festival musicians and team.
Minimum age: 15, ABRSM Grade 8+ (or equivalent).
Key dates 2018
- Thursday 26 July – arrival and welcome dinner
- Friday 27 July – Friday 4 August – Daily schedule as below
- Thursday 2 August – Academy students strings concert
- Friday 3 August – Academy students play with orchestra in evening concert
- Saturday 4 August – Academy ends, students depart
- 8:00 – 9:30 Breakfast & private practice
- 9:30 – 12:30 Classes
- 12:30 – 15:00 Lunch & free time
- 15:00 – 17:00 Classes
- 17:00 – 18:00 Free time / private practice
- 19:00 Concert
- 21:00 Dinner
- Initial expression of interest – please email or call us +44 (0) 7976 301443
- A completed application form
- A short video of your playing
- A 50€ or £50 deposit (payable within 7 seven days of submitting your application and returnable before 30 April 2018 or if we do not offer you a place in the 2018 Academy)
Residential: 980€ (or GBP equivalent)
Non-residential: 730 € (or GBP equivalent)
- Participation (tuition, lunch, dinner, concert tickets, membership & deposit): 730 €
- Accommodation (9 nights, breakfast, daily local transport including transfer to and from Nice airport or Draguignan Les Arcs train station): 250€
Not included: Flights/train travel and compulsory instrument, travel and health insurance
Aux personnes venant de Provence, PACA :
The Musique-Cordiale Trust, notre fondation caritative du Royaume-Uni, fournit habituellement une bourse exclusivement pour les jeunes étudiants musiciens de PACA afin qu’ils assistent GRATUITEMENT à l’Académie Musique-Cordiale.
A deposit of 50 € euros or £50 GBP is payable within 7 days of submitting your application. Once your application is accepted, you can make the full payment on the website via PayPal, by bank transfer/virement or by cheque: we will send you an invoice first.
UK bank transfer / online banking
Account name: Musique Cordiale Services Ltd
Sort code: 23-18-84
Account number: 13311366
Reference: if possible, please include your name, ‘Academy’ and any invoice number if applicable
Online banking / bank transfer in euros €*
Adresse: 217, Chemin des Moulins, 83440 Seillans, France
Banque: HSBC France
IBAN: FR76 3005 6002 4802 4800 0709 222
BIC (Swift): CCFRFRPP
Made payable to ‘Musique Cordiale’ and posted to:
Musique Cordiale, Norfolk Cottage, The Street, Newnham, Kent, ME9 0LL
Card payment online (click blue button below to pay initial deposit only – in GB pounds)
PayPal (euros – initial deposits or balance due on invoice)
Please use the form below