Summer strings in sunny Seillans – play with the professionals!
Thursday 27 July – Saturday 5 August 2017
Residential summer school for advanced string players situated in the exquisite hilltop village of Seillans in the South of France (1hr from Nice)
Levon Chilingirian & Susie Mészáros, members of the celebrated Chilingirian String Quartet and professors at the Royal Academy of Music, the Royal College of Music, the Guildhall and the Royal Northern College of Music, will be joined by Jane Hyland, former principal cellist of the BBC Symphony and BBC Welsh Orchestras, to give masterclasses, chamber music coaching and orchestral training.
The course will culminate in two concerts: one showcasing the students’ chamber, solo and ensemble work and the other playing next to a a professional player in the Festival Orchestra conducted by James Lowe.
With a maximum of 12 students in the group, the MC Academy is much more intimate that many summer courses, with each participant receiving a huge amount of attention from their individual instrument tutor as well as chamber and orchestral training together.
Hosted in a Provençal family residence, students enjoy eight days of intensive tuition with free time for swimming & relaxing.. The Academy are encouraged to attend evening concerts in the region’s spectacular chapels and churches followed by al fresco dinners with the Festival musicians and team.
Minimum age: 15, ABRSM Grade 8+ (or equivalent)
- Thursday 27 July – arrival and welcome dinner
- Friday 28 July – Friday 4 August – Daily schedule as below
- Thursday 3 August – Academy students strings concert
- Friday 4 August – Academy students play with orchestra in evening concert
- Saturday 5 August – Academy ends, students depart
- 8:00 – 9:30 Breakfast & private practice
- 9:30 – 12:30 Classes
- 12:30 – 15:00 Lunch & free time
- 15:00 – 17:00 Classes
- 17:00 – 18:00 Free time / private practice
- 19:00 Concert
- 21:00 Dinner
- Initial expression of interest – please email or call us +44 (0) 7976 301443
- A completed application form
- A short video of your playing
- A 50€ deposit (payable within 7 seven days of submitting your application and returnable before 30 April 2017 or if we do not offer you a place in the 2017 Academy)
Residential: 980€ (or GBP equivalent)
Non-residential: 730 € (or GBP equivalent)
- Participation (tuition, lunch, dinner, concert tickets, membership & deposit): 730 €
- Accommodation (9 nights, breakfast, daily local transport including transfer to and from Nice airport or Draguignan Les Arcs train station): 250€
Not included: Flights/train travel and compulsory instrument, travel and health insurance
A deposit of 50 € is payable within 7 days of submitting your application. If your application is accepted, you can make the full payment on the website via PayPal, by bank transfer/virement or by cheque.
UK bank transfer / online banking
Account name: Musique Cordiale Services Ltd
Sort code: 23-18-84
Account number: 13311366
Reference: if possible, please include your name, ‘Academy’ and the invoice number if applicable
Made payable to ‘Musique Cordiale’ and posted to:
Musique Cordiale, Norfolk Cottage, The Street, Newnham, Kent, ME9 0LL
Please use the form below
|Deposit + Balance payable|