Andrew Staples is considered by many to be one of the most versatile British singers. A favourite for works by Handel, Mozart and Britten, he has also made his mark singing Elgar’s The Dream of Gerontius, Verdi’s Requiem and Mahler’s Das Lied von der Erde. He sings regularly with Simon Rattle, Daniel Harding and Yannick Nézet-Séguin, and with orchestras such as the Berliner Philharmoniker, Wiener Philharmoniker, Swedish Radio Orchestra, Bayerischer Rundfunk Sinfonieorchester, Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, Philadelphia Orchestra, the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, and the London Symphony Orchestra. In opera he is a regular guest at the Royal Opera House where he has sung Tamino (Die Zauberflöte), Flammand (Capriccio), Narraboth (Salome) and Artabenes (Arne’s Artaxerxes) and he also appears in Salzburg, Hamburg, Brussels and Prague.
- MUSIQUE CORDIALE International Festival & Academy 2005 – 2021
- Programme & Tickets
- Festival choir & orchestra
- Support us!
- Members, Friends & Donors
- The Musique Cordiale Trust (UK charity)
- 2021 Members: elections to Conseil d’administration
- AGM, Annual Reports & Accounts & Management
- Summer Orchestra Academy for String Musicians
- Contact us
- GB £ shopping cart/payments
- 0.00 € - 0 items