THE FESTIVAL & THE ASSOCIATION
- Each year, the association Musique Cordiale organises the International Festival featuring choral and orchestral music, some chamber music and jazz together with an academy for talented young string players. 2019 will be its 15th annual edition.
- In 2018, the association also organised a programme of outreach work before the festival to involve children aged 5 to 15. This resulted in a concert for “Les Jeunes Choristes de Musique Cordiale” on the opening day of the festival.
- The festival features a series of rehearsals and high-calibre concerts in local churches and chapels and in outdoor spaces, mainly within the Pays de Fayence. Lunch-time concerts and the concert of “Les Jeunes Choristes” offer free entry.
- The academy offers young players the chance to rehearse and play beside a professional in an orchestral concert.
- Players are drawn from the major orchestras of Europe and recent accomplished singers have joined the choir from France, Britain, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Spain, Morocco, Holland, Ireland and the USA.
- Choir and Academy participants constitute the main group of the association’s members and the AGM takes place during the festival. They and the orchestra and team eat meal together each evening.
- It is not necessary to be a member to attend concerts and we have attracted more than 3000 entries to concerts from members of the public at each recent festival. Membership offers a small discount from ticket prices.
- A small number of people have chosen to be Friends of the Festival to help support it with their donations. Others, mainly from Britain, contribute by making donations to our UK charity which provides grants that pay for the teachers, orchestral and choral conductors and rehearsal accompanists. The Trust also pays for bursaries for Academy students and discounts for participants from the PACA region.
- The festival has benefited from the generous support of local communes from its outset. Initially, assistance was offered mainly by the town of Seillans where rehearsals take place and which continues to be the main base for accommodation and communal eating. However other towns have also contributed in recent years to support individual events. Accommodation in August is scarce and expensive and more of our participants have begun to be accommodated in other nearby locations within the Pays de Fayence. In recent years, most of our public support has come from the Community of Communes of the Pays de Fayence and in 2018 there was at least one concert in each of its communes
2018 – 2019
The provisional accounts of the Association to 31 December 2018 and the provisional association 2019 budget, together with the Treasurer’s accompanying notes, is available to members and online These will be subject to approval by members at the Assemblée Générale in 2019.
The full annual report & accounts of the Association to 31 December 2017 is available to members and online in the run-up to the Annual General Meeting (open to all members). This takes place each year during the festival. The 2017 AGM took place on 6 August 2017 in the Salle Polyvalente, Seillans. Minutes are available from the secretary. The latest AGM (assemblée Générale) took place on Monday 7 August 2018 in Seillans.
- BILAN DU PRESIDENT 2016
- BILAN FINANCIER 2016
- PROGRAMME PREVISIONNEL 2017
- MEMBRES CONSEIL D’ADMINISTRATION 2016-19
- QUESTIONS DIVERSES
- (Accounts of the association for 2016 & 2017, together with a provisional budget for 2018, were approved at this meeting and can be downloaded HERE).
See also the treasurer’s NOTES and further tables TO ACCOMPANY THE ACCOUNTS (January 2018)
And from previous years:
- The 2014 profit and loss statement can now be downloaded here (pdf format) pending audit
- MC 2014 income – pie-chart
- MC 2014 expenditure pie-chart
- The year-end balance sheet / Bilan 31 October 2014 is available to download here
The annual report and accounts (most recently to 30 November 2018) of The Musique-Cordiale Trust, the English charity which supports the Festival & Academy, can be viewed and downloaded on its separate website HERE.