Choral workshop 2017: Friday 4 – Sunday 13 August
Applications to the 2017 choir are now closed but we are sometimes able to accept late applications. Please contact us directly.
We welcome new and returning members to join the 2017 Festival Choir and enjoy a 9 night stay in Provence to rehearse and perform Monteverdi’s Vespers with Graham Ross and a programme of opera choruses with James Lowe. Choir participation includes 8 days of singing and performances under the baton of Graham Ross, Director of Music at Clare College Cambridge and James Lowe, Chief Conductor of the Prussian Chamber Orchestra, Germany, and the Vaasa Sinfonia, Finland, and in the company of fantastic soloists, delicious al fresco dinners with abundant wine, a range of high quality concerts to enjoy, and the chance to meet and share special moments with old friends and new under the sublime Seillanaise sunshine!
- Friday 4 August: Choir arrival & Orchestra & Academy concert at 7pm in Seillans church
- Saturday 5 August: Rehearsals start
- Daily: Evening and/or lunchtime concerts
- Tuesday 8 August: Opera Choruses Performance
- Thursday 10 August: Monteverdi Vespers Performance 1, Callas Church
- Saturday 12 August: Monteverdi Vespers Performance 2, Fayence Church
- Saturday 12 August: Final supper
- Sunday 13 August: Choir departure
How to apply
- Download the two application forms (red buttons below): Part 1 is to be completed by the person making the reservation with payment details. Part 2 asks for personal details for each individual participant.
- If you are applying on behalf of several people, please complete Part 1 and ask each participant to complete Part 2.
- Submit your completed application forms either by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to: Musique Cordiale, Norfolk Cottage, The Street, Newnham, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 0LL, GB – and pay your deposit or the full amount due (payment options below).
- Oratorio: Monteverdi Vespers (Vespro della Beata Vergine)
- Opera Choruses – programme tba
- Early bird discount – pay full balance by 28 February 2017
- Applications and deposits 26 March 2017
- Final balance by 31 May 2017 (or per invoice)
Participation & accommodation choices
On the application form you will find the various participation options. We have tried our best to hold down prices (in Euros) as much as possible; but covering costs is more difficult than ever and big recent currency shifts mean that the GP equivalents are unavoidably higher in 2017. All participants (including non-participating partners taking meals) are required to become members (unless subscription has already been paid for 2017, i.e. post 2016 Festival). We would be delighted if you decide to become a Friend or Donor; the benefits can be found here here and monthly or annual direct debit payments are available via The Musique Cordiale Trust.
Important: Please also read the full Terms & Conditions for participants before making your reservation.
Please pay via one of the following methods – we prefer online banking/bank transfer!
- Internet banking/bank transfer using the details below
- Credit or debit card (using the application form)
- Cheque (payable to Musique Cordiale) and posted to: Musique Cordiale, Norfolk Cottage, The Street, Newnham, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 0LL, UK
- Direct debit (monthly or annual in GB pounds) – to be a Friend or Donor only (You can do this online here).
Please note: if the pound sinks significantly further against the Euro between now and 31 May, we reserve the right to add a reasonable GBP surcharge to the amount charged to anyone who has not yet paid in full.
UK tax-payers are invited to download and complete a Gift Aid declaration for their contributions as Friends or Donors. Fees & membership are not Gift-Aidable
Online banking / bank transfer in euros €*
Adresse: 217, Chemin des Moulins, 83440 Seillans, France
Banque: HSBC France
IBAN: FR76 3005 6002 4802 4800 0709 222
BIC (Swift): CCFRFRPP
Online banking / bank transfer in GB pounds £*
Account name: Musique Cordiale Services Ltd
Sort code: 23-18-84
Account number: 13311366
Reference: Your name, choir/invoice number if possible
* any bank or commission charges are your responsibility
Musique Cordiale respects your confidentiality and guards your personal information. We never retain details of your bank debit or credit cards after we have received payments from our members, donors, customers or supporters. We do not sell your name, email, address or phone details. Only Musique Cordiale has access to this information to communicate with you and we share it only with our agents and then only for the purposes of contacting our supporters, customers, donors, staff or suppliers on our behalf.