In 2018 it was Haydn’s Die Jahreszeiten (The Seasons)
…and in summer 2019,
the big choral work will be Handel’s SAUL
and an exciting a cappella programme
International Summer Festival – choir enrolment information
Choral workshop 2019: Friday 9 – Sunday 18 August
Applications from accomplished singers to join (or rejoin) the 2019 Festival choir are open. Look out for our EARLY BIRD ** deals & discounts (& for special prices for singers from Provence*). We are emailing details and booking forms to currently-registered members of the festival choir and also invite new singers with experience. The same information and an online version of the booking form will be posted here soon.
We invite new and returning members to join the 2019 Festival Choir and enjoy a 9 night stay in Provence to perform Handel’s SAUL (with orchestra) plus an exciting programme of a cappella singing. Choir participation includes 8 days of rehearsal and performances under the baton of Graham Ross, Director of Music at Clare College Cambridge and in the company of fantastic soloists with the chance to meet and share special moments with friends, old and new, under the sublime sunshine of the Pays de Fayence!
This means that it can be hot during the days but we rehearse in modern air-conditioned comfort and perform in lovely acoustic medieval churches. Access to pools and lakes, local restaurants and the beautiful historic towns and countryside of the Var is part of the Musique Cordiale experience but we provide delicious al fresco dinners with abundant wine and try to match accommodation to suit your preferences and budget. During your stay, you can also enjoy numerous other festival concerts – orchestral, chamber music, recitals and even a little jazz.
(Information about singing The Messiah at the weekend in Kent in November (2017 & 2018) is still available HERE
There will be an equivalent event in Britain in autumn 2019)
Key 2018 Dates (2019 dates and information + prices and booking forms to follow in December 2018)
- Friday 3 August: Choir arrival during the day. Orchestra & Academy concert at 7 PM in Seillans church
- Saturday 4 August: Rehearsals start (morning and or late afternoon)
- Daily: evening and/or lunchtime concerts
- An evening a cappella concert performance by the choir: a German Feast
- A first (Thursday) evening concert performance of Die Jahreszeiten (The Seasons) 1 (with orchestra and soloists)
- Saturday 11 August: Final Performance, Die Jahreszeiten (The Seasons) 2 (with orchestra & soloists), Fayence Church
- Saturday 11 August: Final dinner
- Sunday 12 August: Choir departure
How to apply to join the choir (see 2019 booking dates below)
- Download the two-part application form (click button above – already emailed to previous members of the Festival choir): Part 1 is to be completed by the person making the reservation with payment details. Complete a Part 2 form to provide personal details for each individual participant.
- If you are applying on behalf of several people, please complete Part 1 and ask each participant to complete Part 2.
- Submit your completed application forms either by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to:
Musique Cordiale, Norfolk Cottage, The Street, Newnham, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 0LL, GB – and pay your deposit or the full amount due (payment options below).
- Although we do not include travel to the Pays de Fayence in our fees, we can include you in the Eurostar/train transport we book well in advance for orchestra players. This is available on request IF YOU ARE AN EARLY BOOKER or eligible for an ‘early-bird’ discount (see below).
2018 Choir Repertoire
(Handel’s SAUL in 2019. Details of 2019 a cappella programme to follow in December 2018)
- Oratorio: Die Jahreszeiten (Les Saisons / Les Saisons), Haydn
- 2018 a cappella works included:
Concert a cappella: A German Feast of Choral Voices
Direction: Graham Ross
J S Bach “Jesu meine Freude”
Schutz Deutsches Magnificat
Schutz “Herr, nun lässest du deinen Diener”
Bach “Lobet den Herrn”
2019 Booking & Payment deadlines
- 31 December 2018: Early bookers (A)**: book by & pay the minimum deposit by 31 December 2018 to get 10% off your participation fee (for anyone who pays at least the minimum deposit)
- 31 December 2018: Super-early Double discount (B1)**: book & PAY IN FULL (including an accommodation package) by 31 December 2018 (and be assured of no later currency surcharges)
- 31 January 2018: Early-bird discount (B2)** – pay FULL BALANCE by 31 January 2019 (and no later currency surcharges)
- 28 February 2019: Early-ish full payment: pay in full (and include an accommodation package) and Friends of the Festival (only) qualify for this discount (B3)**
- 31 March 2019: Applications and deposits due by 31 March 2018 (Easter) but please send them as early as possible before then.
- 30 April 2019: Final balance due: All payments for participation or accommodation (including accompanying partners) due by 30 April 2018 (or per invoice)
(NOTE: Anyone paying the minimum relevant deposit by 31 December 2018 can qualify for the ‘Early booker’ discount. In addition, to qualify for one of the ‘early-bird FULL payment discounts’ – B1 or B2 or B3: you cannot have more than one B discounts – your payment must include an accommodation package. You CAN combine discounts A & B)
NOTE: BECAUSE OF UNCERTAINTAINTIES CAUSED BY BREXIT (scheduled for 29 March 2019), we reserve the right to vary certain conditions or arrangements and/or prices and, if necessary, to introduce supplements for late bookers (participants who pay in full within our Early Bird scheme will be exempt from surcharges. Please be particularly careful about insurance arrangement and conditions).
Participation & accommodation choices
On the application form, you will find the various participation options. We have tried our best to hold down prices (in Euros) as much as possible. But covering costs is more difficult than ever and big recent currency shifts mean that the GBPound equivalents are unavoidably higher in 2019. All participants (including non-participating partners taking meals) are required to become members (unless subscription has already been paid for 2019, i.e. since the 2018 Festival). We would be delighted if you decide to become a Friend or Donor; the benefits can be found here here and monthly or annual direct debit payments are available via our UK charity, The Musique Cordiale Trust. Running the festival is expensive and we receive only very limited public funds (14% of our costs). Please help us to meet our essential annual funding target for the charity of £50,000 this year to ensure that we can continue to run the festival in future.
Important: Please also read the full Terms & Conditions for participants before making your reservation. Please note that (as explained in our invitation to join the choir this year) to make things simpler for you and to avoid your paying for things you may not need, participation fees do NOT include concert tickets or evening meals, which will be on sale separately after the Programme is released at Easter.
Payment & Booking Options
Please pay via one of the following methods – we prefer online banking/bank transfer!
- Internet banking/bank transfer using the details below
- Credit or debit card (using the application form)
- Cheque (payable to Musique Cordiale) and posted to: Musique Cordiale, Norfolk Cottage, The Street, Newnham, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 0LL, UK
- Direct debit (monthly or annual in GB pounds) – to be a Friend or Donor only (You can do this online here).
Please note: if the pound sinks significantly further against the Euro between when you book and when you make payment in full, we reserve the right to add a reasonable GBP surcharge to the amount charged – to anyone who has not yet paid in full.
- You can also pay online on the online booking form (available here soon) OR you can pay HERE where you can choose the amount that you wish to pay to Musique Cordiale.
UK tax-payers are invited to download and complete a Gift Aid declaration for their contributions as Friends or Donors.
(Participation fees, accommodation, tickets & membership are not ‘Gift-Aidable’ )
Online banking / bank transfer in euros €*
Titulaire: Musique Cordiale
Adresse: 217, Chemin des Moulins, 83440 Seillans, France
Banque: HSBC France
IBAN: FR76 3005 6002 4802 4800 0709 222
BIC (Swift): CCFRFRPP
Online banking / bank transfer in GB pounds £*
Account name: Musique Cordiale Services Ltd
Sort code: 23-14-70 Account number: 11003522
Reference: Your name, choir/invoice number if possible
* any bank or commission charges are your responsibility